Richard J. Shuldiner, OD, F.A.A.O., founded the International Academy
of Low Vision Specialists in 2006. All of the members of the Academy have received extensive advanced training in Low Vision Care by Dr. Shuldiner in his California Offices.
Richard J. Shuldiner, OD, F.A.A.O., founded the International Academy of Low Vision Specialists in 2006. All of the members of the Academy have received extensive advanced training in Low Vision Care by Dr. Shuldiner in his California Offices.
- Doctor of Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, 1970
- Internship/Residency, Vision & Child Development, 1969-1970
- New York State Certification in Low Vision , 1975
- 41st Low Vision Diplomate, American Academy of Optometry, 1988
- Founder and Clinical Director, Westchester NY Lighthouse Low Vision Service, 1981-1992
- Founder and Clinical Director, Middletown NY Lighthouse Low Vision Service, 1983-1992
- Founder and Clinical Director, Low Vision Optometry of Southern California, 1994-present
- Principle Education Leader, Soviet-American Conference on Low Vision, Moscow, USSR, 1985
- Principle Education Leader, Sino-American Conference on Low Vision, Hong Kong, 1986
- Principle Education Leader, African-American Conference on Low Vision, Nairobi, Kenya, 1987
- Founded International Academy of Low Vision Specialists, 2006
- Public and Professional Lecturer on Low Vision throughout the United States, over 30 years
- President, Rialto Lions Club, 1996
- Member, Board of Directors, San Bernardino Lighthouse, 1998-2002
- Some Famous Patients who have seen Dr. Shuldiner:
- Jane Russell, movie actress
- Carroll Shelby, racecar driver and automobile manufacturer
- Margie Durante, wife of Jimmy Durante
- Francis Cagney, wife of James Cagney
- Dick Wilson, actor “Mr. Whipple” in Charmin Commercials
A Step By Step Guide To Living With Macular Degeneration
By Richard J. Shuldiner, OD, FAAO, FIALVS with Courtney Coleman
Listen to Dr. Shuldiner’s interview on The Power Hour Podcast
Where he talks about IALVS and how they help low vision patients start doing the things they want to do again.
Listen to Dr. Shuldiner discuss driving with Low Vision on The Tactile Traveler Podcast
The goal of this podcast is to empower blind and low-vision people to explore the world and help our sighted friends see the world in a new way.
Matters of Vision! Virtual Patient Seminar Six Part Series
Your eye care should never take a back seat, even during a pandemic. Join our wonderful doctors, for a number of virtual seminars about the importance of ongoing eye care during COVID-19, especially for those suffering from macular degeneration.
Low Vision television interview with Jack Canfield
Dr. Edward Paul is a leading low vision optometrist and shares his wildly success strategies for helping his patients improve their quality of life. His groundbreaking vision techniques are sure to blow you away.
Dr. Shuldiner is Dr. Paul’s mentor.
Click here to watch the full interview.